One more time: Does 93% of your communication really come from non-verbals?

14 years ago I was the first person (to the best of my knowledge) to debunk the myth that only 7% of the impact of your presentations comes from your words, with the rest (93%) coming from body language and tone of voice. Dozens of other presentation bloggers followed; Olivia Mitchell did a nice job of tracking them all. And yet the myth lives — only the other day I saw it repeated on LinkIn. 

I created this short video to explain the fallacy. 

So if you’re worried that you should be spending less time on your analysis and substance, and more time practicing your body language and tone of voice, don’t be. Your content is still king. 

Try out the free preview of the first three steps in the Extreme Presentation Online course here



Ready to elevate your presentations?

Ask a question